It’s inching closer and closer to Winter, and for me (and a lot of you too) that means an innate desire for comfort food. However, comfort food poses a problem for a lot of people trying to watch their weight and attain their fitness goals. Well, that is not a problem anymore with this amazing recipe for chicken farm! An Italian classic, lightened up. Baking the cutlet as opposed to frying really lightens this dish up while remaining moist and full of flavor. Serve this over pasta or with a large salad to keep it on the lighter side.
Comfort Food: Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- 4 (about 8 oz each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used Polly-o)
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Eat Fit Fuel https://eatfitfuel.com/