For the last 5 years, I haven’t eaten any red meat or pork. It’s not a vegetarian or ethics thing, more of a personal choice. However, whatever the reason, that means I haven’t been able to enjoy a juicy,medium rare, extra thick angus beef burger for a long time. Sorry if that was a bit too explicit. But in my desire to be able to enjoy a burger, without eating red meat AND, more importantly, keep it healthy. So, I’ve honed in my own recipe for turkey burgers that is delicious, nutritious, and satisfies that burger-urge.
(Makes 4-6 burgers)
- 240 grams organic lean turkey, ground
- 40 grams oats
- 1 egg white
- 40 grams sautéed diced red onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Sauté onions in a pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Next, in a bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix until completely combined.
- On a baking tray, separate the mixture into 4-6 burger patties (depending on your desired size)
- Take them to the grill and slap them on. I use medium-to-high heat and cook them 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Once they’re cooked through, take a patty, put in between a whole wheat bun or english muffin, top with some fresh tomato, avocado, and maybe little dijon mustard.